Find The Best Boat Hire in Miami.
1 - 18 of 479 listings
Boat Hire & Yacht Rentals in Miami
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Hiring a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat hire, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat hire, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book their bucks party and hens parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat hire out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have jet ski hire, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, party pontoon hire, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
7 Reasons to Hire a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat hire or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat hire in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
We left on time. The view of the city was very beautiful. The island we docked at was cute and we had a great time hanging with other travelers. The 4 hours flew by quickly. Our Captain was very nice and we had an overall amazing time.
We did a boat trip for 3 hours, it was awesome to be on the waters of Miami. We had Chris as captain and i would defenitely recommend him because first of all he is a very good skipper and at the same time a funny , communative gentleman. Greetings from Frank Holland
I charter this yacht for my birthday and the experience was amazing. The boat is extremely clean and well maintain. Captain James and His team was so friendly and welcoming. They where very involve throughout the whole trip. absolutely no complain. From the start of the trip to the very end I had fun. It was everything I imagine and more.
This was the best part of our trip to Miami! Marcel showed us a really good time! Will definitely be booking again with him for our next Miami trip!
We had such a great time! Marcel and crew were very accommodating and helpful. The boat was great and we had an awesome experience!
Tomas was excellent. Very easy to deal with in organizing the trip. He was professional but also easy to be around and gave us a perfect day out on the water. I would definitely recommend him with a small party and will use him again the next time we go out.